Why Work With A Nutritionist?
Have you failed at weight management because you tried one fad diet and moved onto another? Have you attempted to eat healthy but nothing seems to work? Have you lost motivation to eat clean and exercise daily because you feel hopeless? Do you feel like no matter how much sleep you get you still have low energy? Are you taking prescription medications that you would love to get off of? Do you have daily migraines and don't understand why? If so, it is most likely because you are not eating what’s right and appropriate for YOU.
WHY WORK WITH A NUTRITIONIST?
1. EDUCATE. My role is to educate and assess. I spend a lot of time educating clients on the "why" and importance to nutrition. Whether it be how much water to drink a day, the importance of carbohydrates and the difference between simple vs complex. Education is one of the most important things a nutritionist does. 2. HEALTH. Your health is your #1 priority in life. If you are not physically healthy then you can not be mentality healthy. Your lack of health will affect your personal life, your family and your career. Healthy Body. Healthy Mind. Healthy Life. 3. BALANCE. Fitness is important but will not give you the end results you are seeking WITHOUT proper nutrition. That hour you spend in a gym a day is recommended and important but it's how you spend the additional 23 hours a day that really matters.
4. WEIGHT MANAGEMENT. I often see clients who aren't getting results because they are not eating enough, or the timing and/or balance of their meals is not in line with what their body needs. Some eat healthfully, but are unaware that they are taking in more (or less) of certain macronutrients versus the other. After assessing your eating routine, an experienced nutritionist will know right away what's holding you back from reaching your goals and will be able to guide you in the right direction.
5. PREVENTION. Working with a nutritionist will aid in prevention of lack of energy, digestive discomfort, heartburn, migraines, pain/inflammation, disruptive sleep, high blood pressure, high cholesterol, diabetes, metabolic syndrome, autoimmune disorders, allergies, depression, stress, etc.
5. ACCOUNTABILITY. If you have a hard time being disciplined and no one is watching over you to hold you accountable then the rate of failure is pretty high. Through education, guidance, individualized plans and accountability an experienced nutritionist is there to hold you accountable every step of the way until you reach your goals.
6. COACH. It goes beyond the food. People's dietary habits are normally due to their lifestyle habits. A nutritionists role outside of the food is to help coach you through any struggles he/she may be having.
7. GET TO THE ROOT. With a holistic approach, a nutritionist will look at the entire person and evaluate symptoms to address root causes of health challenges. We work with you to address food, lifestyle and environment, and make adjustments to help you have more energy, address blood sugar imbalances, improve quality of sleep, hormonal challenges, and much more. Experienced nutritionist understand the science behind the human anatomy and the foods you eat can either help or hinder the function of your mind and body. 8. LIFESTYLE. When all is said and done, working with a nutritionist is helping you create a balanced lifestyle so you can forever say goodbye to the fad and yo-yo diets of the world. You will build a healthy relationship with your food and learn what works well for you and learn to eat right for YOU for the long term.
If any (or all) of the above applies to you, book a FREE 20 minute consultation with me here!